[BUG] Sometimes first notes don't play!

Is GENNY missing something? Or more likely is it BROKEN? Discuss it here!
uHu

[BUG] Sometimes first notes don't play!

Post by uHu »

Hi

I am really not sure, what causes this problem. I only noticed it on some patches.
But when it occurs, then the first few notes after I load a fresh Genny-instance (or load the project) just don't play.

However it's not affecting the whole plugin at once.
Depending on your patch, you might hear nopthing for the first notes, or quieter first notes, or sometimes just one OP is missing.

This one is really hard to analyse.
In my attached flp, the first few notes don't play at all.
You can enable to other OPs, save, reload, and then only some parts of Genny won't play the first few notes.
Attachments
Anfangs-Problem_2.zip
(230.96 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
uHu

Re: [BUG] Sometimes first notes don't play!

Post by uHu »

More Information:

This bug might be baked into some of the presets.
For example it will always happen, after you load "Duck Bass" but never, when you load "Duck Brass".
You can even switch between those presets, and always with "Duck Bass" the first few notes sound different!

Also:
It starts after one whole cycle of channels.
So if all 6 are activated, it will take 6 false sounding notes until you get the actual sound.

Also:
After the sound locked in on "Duck Bass", when you switch to "Duck Brass", play 2 notes and switch back to "Duck Bass", following will happen:
First 4 Notes will still have the full (locked in) sound, then 2 false notes follow, and then the rest will stay locked in.

That's probably one of the strangengst bugs I've ever encountered.

Still I am not sure, how the Operators are affected.
First I thought, some would be silent completely, but it seems to be different.