Ecco Delay

Share your new Sega Genesis music with everyone!
MD_Wade

Ecco Delay

Post by MD_Wade »

Hello everyone,
I was unfortunate enough to kick off my Thanksgiving break by falling ill on the first day. After sleeping for 23 hours yesterday, I got to hop back into FL and this is the first track I made. I used patches from Ecco the Dolphin, hence the name.
Ecco Delay
Test, 1, 2...
Seeeeeega
superjoebob
Site Admin

Re: Ecco Delay

Post by superjoebob »

This is really cool, extremely good ambience feel like it could actually have been in Ecco. I lost it when the bell like instrument came in. Finally sat down and listened to your Psychorain soundtrack too, your stuff is awesome. Love the automation work, you treat it like a real synthesizer and get some textures I can only dream of, it's inspiring.
MD_Wade

Post by MD_Wade »

superjoebob wrote:This is really cool, extremely good ambience feel like it could actually have been in Ecco. I lost it when the bell like instrument came in. Finally sat down and listened to your Psychorain soundtrack too, your stuff is awesome. Love the automation work, you treat it like a real synthesizer and get some textures I can only dream of, it's inspiring.
Thank you!! When I first started FL about 3 years ago I really only made ambient for a long time. Getting into Genny, I think my biggest inspiration has always been Comix Zone. I feel like most YM2612 pads are lacking but Ecco's and Earthworm Jim's has always felt very solid to me.
Test, 1, 2...
Seeeeeega
superjoebob
Site Admin

Post by superjoebob »

. I feel like most YM2612 pads are lacking but Ecco's and Earthworm Jim's has always felt very solid to me.
For sure!! Dumping presets it seems like every single song in Earthworm Jim has at least one huge kickass pad in it. If it wasn't for that game I'd have probably written off the chip for pads. Didn't realize Ecco had good pads too, gonna check it out!
I think my biggest inspiration has always been Comix Zone.
I get big Comix Zone feels too, blown away by how well the chip can do rock tunes if you do it the right way. It's funny I actually got a CD that came with the original game with some of the music recorded live and I seriously prefer the Genesis versions.
MD_Wade

Post by MD_Wade »

I've heard the live covers by Howard Drossin, and I 100% do prefer the Genesis versions but I would KILL for a Sega Tunes CD!
Test, 1, 2...
Seeeeeega